- In: App of the week
- Published on 13 February 2012
- By Matt
ShowYou has been around for a while, in fact it was voted by the Apple Store as the best social networking app of 2011, but last week it got an upgrade that makes it even more bad-ass. ShowYou is a custom video feed app for the iPad and iPhone that allows you to view all the newest videos posted by your friends on facebook and twitter, while also allowing you to follow others' videos through the app itself (including The Daily Show, Colbert, Funny or Die, TED, and a ton more). With its customizable grid, it is easily the best experience for viewing new videos without having to see any more damned farmville requests.
Here's a look at the new features in the latest upgrade:
- -Grids for users; just tap on a user's icon to go to their grid
- -Browsing by category
- -Zoom in on a grid for a social network to see all the videos from your friends on that social network
- -Improved search, with ability to choose between "popular" and "recent" videos for your results
- -New hashtag grids that group videos together with hashtags associated with those videos on Twitter and Showyou
The video below from intoMobile.com is a review for the iPad app from when ShowYou was first launched last year:
To stay up to date with The Wall Breakers, please subscribe to our email list.