In the Pursuit of Artistic Beauty: Ed Cz By Mehreen Shahid

Community
The following is a guest article by Mehreen Shahid, who you can connect with on Linkedin here!   He slowly takes his robe off, and lets his nakedness sink into the probing eyes and minds of those watching him. Doing a little pirouette, he deliberately, but gently shows off the most intimate parts of his body to those attending with raptness. When the artists have become desensitized to each curve, nook and cranny of his disrobed and exposed body, he strikes a pose. (more…)
Read More
And Freedom For’s Interview with Artist & Draftsman Joey Parlett

And Freedom For’s Interview with Artist & Draftsman Joey Parlett

Community
The Following is a guest article from the Brooklyn-based art blog And Freedom For.   In this next installment of AndFreedomFor’s interview series, I talk to Bushwick artist Joey Parlett whose varied and innovative work speaks of a mind working on all cylinders.  Constantly questioning and experimenting, he has so many ideas, he had to invent a drawing machine to try them all. (more…)
Read More
And Freedom For’s Interview with 21st Century Baroque Landscape Painter Elsie Kagan

And Freedom For’s Interview with 21st Century Baroque Landscape Painter Elsie Kagan

Community
The Following is a guest article from the Brooklyn-based art blog And Freedom For.   Sourcing imagery from the spiritual Baroque and from 17th century Northen European landscape, painter Elsie Kagan comes to terms with her own belief system through her monumental sized paintings.  In her Brooklyn studio, Elsie talks to me about her career, motherhood, and the solitary practice of painting. (more…)
Read More
A Satisfied Mind, A Story About Jeff Buckley and Funeral Music By Chelsea Wolf

A Satisfied Mind, A Story About Jeff Buckley and Funeral Music By Chelsea Wolf

Community
This is a guest post by Chelsea Wolf.   Do you ever think about what song will be played at your funeral? I do. And no, I don’t mean that in a morbid way. I am a planner. And as a planner, I feel better thinking about what kind of music will be played throughout various aspects of my life. My childhood into early adulthood was largely defined by Weezer. My first few years in New York were filled with Bob Dylan, The Band, and Jeff Buckley. As I grow older, my musical tastes continue to change. That Weezer tattoo I got on my ankle at 18 doesn’t seem so cool anymore. All of my Dashboard Confessional concert tees are now just taking up room in a box beneath my bed.…
Read More